Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Circle Line Stage 4 & 5 Discovery
Hi everyone, the CCL 4/5 Discovery will be held on the 2nd October 2011, a week before the official opening. Lets discuss about the event for now. Smile

If you are looking for the admins, please go to a station which you can't reach to sign the guestbook after 2pm. We would be there for about an hour Smile

PS: If you know the station, please keep quiet.

Here's an update:

First person to check in and find the admins at the station after 2pm hinted by '151Xclusive' earlier will receive a small token from us at SGTrains. Have fun!

[Image: CCLD4&5%20Poster.png]

Discover New Stations at the CCL Discovery

Celebrate Life on the Circle Line ahead of Opening Day

1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) invites the public to visit the 12 new Circle Line (CCL) stations from Caldecott to HarbourFront at the CCL Discovery on Sunday, 2 October. The full day open house event will give the public the opportunity to have a sneak preview of the stations before the final stretch of the CCL opens for passenger service on Saturday, 8 October.

Something for Everyone

2. CCL Discovery is a full day of fun-filled entertainment for the entire family, both young and old alike.

3. From 10am to 6pm, the public can take unlimited free rides throughout the 12 new stations to explore and view the different architectural details as well as the Art-in-Transit artworks unique to each station.

4. The activities and entertainment will take place at six stations - Buona Vista, Holland Village, Botanic Gardens, Kent Ridge, Telok Blangah and HarbourFront.

Circle Line Discovery Highlights

5. A musical to "Celebrate Life" - the central theme of this year's CCL Discovery - is a must-see and you can catch it at Buona Vista station at two time slots - 10.00am and 2.00pm. The musical will star popular television and stage personalities such as Chua Enlai, Irene Ang and Alaric Tay. Nearer to the CCL Discovery, we will also reveal a special guest who will join the stars in the musical. For the latest updates, be a fan today at www.facebook.com/WeKeepYourWorldMoving.

6. If you are a fan of Chinese opera, ballet and various forms of dances such as Belly, Hawaiian, Malay or Bollywood, the Botanic Gardens, Kent Ridge, Telok Blangah and HarbourFront stations will be the stops for you.

7. Young children can also look forward to story telling sessions organised by the National Library Board at Botanic Gardens and HarbourFront.

8. Each of the six stations will be helmed by a guest emcee. There will be stage games with fabulous prizes and premiums up for grabs.

9. For more information on the programme lineup and updates on CCL Discovery, please check out www.circlelinediscovery.sg.

About CCL from Marymount to HarbourFront

The 16.6km Circle Line (CCL) from Marymount to HarbourFront has 12 stations - Caldecott, Botanic Gardens, Farrer Road, Holland Village, Buona Vista, one-north, Kent Ridge, Haw Par Villa, Pasir Panjang, Labrador Park, Telok Blangah and HarbourFront - and completes the 33.3km, 28-station CCL.

This final stretch will open for passenger service on 8 October and will offer commuters greater time savings and connectivity.

Last Updated on 01/09/2011 by 151Xclusive™

Event Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q1: How do I register for the event?
No registration is needed. The Circle Line Discovery is an open house event for the public to explore the new Circle Line stations and enjoy all the activities. All are welcomed.

Q2: Do I need to pay an entrance fee to participate in Circle Line Discovery?
No, it is a free entry event.

Q3: Is there an age limit for participation?
There is no age limit. All are welcome to attend Circle Line Discovery.

Q4: Can I take the train from any of the existing Circle Line stations between Marymount to Dhoby Ghaut to get to the venues for Circle Line Discovery?
To avoid any disruption to the regular service, there will be no train services from the existing Circle Line stations (Marymount, Bishan, Lorong Chuan, Serangoon, Bartley, Tai Seng, Macpherson, Paya Lebar, Dakota, Mountbatten, Stadium, Nicoll Highway, Promenade, Esplanade, Bras Basah and Dhoby Ghaut) to the venues for the Circle Line Discovery.

Q5: Can I get to Circle Line Discovery via Harbourfront station on the North East Line?
You will need to exit the Harbourfront station on the North East Line first before entering the Harbourfront Circle Line station during Circle Line Discovery.

Q6: Can I get to Circle Line Discovery via the Buona Vista station on the East West Line?
You will need to exit the Buona Vista station on the East West Line first before entering the Buona Vista Circle Line station during Circle Line Discovery.

Q7: Is there a time limit for me to tour the stations?
The Circle Line Discovery stations will be opened to public between 10.00am to 6pm on Sunday, 2 October 2011. You can tour the stations anytime within this time period.

Q8: Where can I start my tour of the Circle Line Discovery?
You may begin your tour at any of the Circle Line Discovery stations.

Q9: Why is Marymount station not included in Circle Line Discovery when this phase of the Circle Line is called Circle Line – from Marymount toHarbourfront?
The Marymount station is already in operation. To avoid any disruption to the regular service, this station will not be included in the program for Circle Line Discovery.

Q10: How do I get from Marymount station to Caldecott station for the Circle Line Discovery?
There will be a free shuttle bus service from Marymount station to Caldecott station between 10.00am to 5.30pm.

Q11: In the programme, there are activities for Botanic Gardens, Holland Village, Buona Vista, Kent Ridge, Telok Blangah and Harbourfront stations. What about the other stations?
Although there are no planned activities for the other stations, the stations will be opened for public viewing. You may explore the other stations to view their interesting architectural details and also the Art-in-Transit artworks that are unique to each station.

Q12: Is there a dress code for Circle Line Discovery?
There is no dress code. However, it is advisable to come in comfortable attire and walking shoes.

Q13: If I need to eat or drink during the tour, what should I do?
No food and drinks are allowed in the stations at all times. You may consume your food or drinks outside the stations.

Q14: If there is an emergency in the stations, how will the participants be evacuated?
All activities in the stations will be closely monitored. In case of emergency, staff will be ready to evacuate participants out of the stations.

Q15: Can I leave the tour at any station?
Yes, you may leave the tour anytime at any of the Circle Line Discovery stations.

For More Updates: www.circlelinediscovery.sg
[-] The following 2 users Like WarGreymon X's post:
  • gs97, SBS6060M
2nd October, its on a Sunday
Timing leh?
C651 Lover | A SGTrains Member

Station Rep: NS2 Bukit Batok

I'm going to the Official Opening instead, I've to study for my PSLE Mother Tongue Paper which falls on the following day.
[-] The following 4 users Like zidanetiew874's post:
  • Apalis56, nickgoh45, SBS6060M, SgTrainLovur
(20 August 2011, 12:46 PM)zidanetiew874 Wrote:   Show/Hide

OT: Good Luck ah! Smile

Moderator Notice:
You Know OT then eu still post?

E.I.P
"Next stop, Dhoby Ghaut Interchange." - Mrs Melson
I'd rather attend CCLD. Cuz EOY starts on the 10th for me. If I know my parents, they will not let me go to the opening.
This account is no longer in use - I'd like to be known by another name, but.. I don't have the 10k points to pay for username change Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes luacs1998's post:
  • SgTrainLovur
Heng arh
No Clashes with my exam! (According to my Sch Student handbook)
I will go both!

[Suggestion] Why don't we form a group to go CCLD?
This account is no longer in use - I'd like to be known by another name, but.. I don't have the 10k points to pay for username change Tongue
Dunno must $$$ or not... Imagine on that day ride from Bishan to Buona Vista CCL.

Any time go in and out if you want. (fare-gate)
"Next stop, Dhoby Ghaut Interchange." - Mrs Melson
(20 August 2011, 12:42 PM)C651 Lover Wrote:   Show/Hide

We don't owe it to you, you know? What kind of attitude is this?

Anyway The timing should be the standard CCLD Timing 11-5 (estimate) because i got the info first hand and would like to share with all here at SGT.

This info is nt yet released to the public... as it is unconfirmed
Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
[-] The following 1 user Likes nakanoben's post:
  • C830/C751B/C951 Fan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Official Event] Visit to Downtown Line 3 Project Information Centre nakanoben 133 95,822 29 November 2012, 07:59 AM
Last Post: A380Lover
  Circle Line Extension Open House - Move to the Beat of the Bay nakanoben 2 4,412 14 January 2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: SMB323D
  Circle Line Opening Carnival @ Holland Village nakanoben 15 17,170 03 October 2011, 07:40 PM
Last Post: nakanoben