Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Questions About Singapore Trains Network
Yeah i said they were not completed. 

To clarify, i think most have been laid,  but when i meant not completed was just last 2 weeks ago i saw them still carrying out works on the track at Tuas Link and near Tuas West Depot. 
Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
2 burning questions:

1. What signalling system controls the CCL-DTL crossover near Bayfront station?

2. At Bayfront station, which operator gets to handle the management/maintenance of station furniture (like seats, faregates and artworks), E&M systems (like lighting, air-conditioning, ventilation and PA system), cleaning, crowd control and opening/closing of the station?
(14 January 2017, 09:57 PM)smrtrainlovur Wrote:   Show/Hide

1. There is no specific signalling system that control it. To be exact, it is both CCL and DTL signalling that control the crossing on either side of their line. We talk control in terms of Points, signal lights and route setting - the key elements of this control.

Given this unique arrangement, interfacing has to be logically done amongst both signalling systems such that whenever a route setting request is made from either side of the crossing, it will be sent to the other party's system for confirmation and checking if the route can indeed be set across the other end too.

If can then the route will set, if cannot then cannot.

2. As you can see, majority of BFT station is under SMRT and the only SBST presence is probably their DTL PSC and their Platforms A and C + their respective service walkway beyond these platforms. Most station elements still fall under SMRT but you must look at each element on case by case basis for better understanding coz things not so simple.

management/maintenance of station furniture - SMRT
E&M systems (like lighting, air-conditioning, ventilation and PA system) - these still shld be under SMRT (except PA) but other E&M systems like PSD, trackside signalling equipment, 3rail power or even the STIS will be controlled by respective operator. So this one is very variable.
cleaning - prob SMRT CCL. 
crowd control - each ops ctrls their respective side of platform. Concourse area shld still be SMRT.
opening/closing of the station - definitely SMRT since all station exits are within SMRT area.

Guess you prob can get a better idea of who owns what from my description above.

Maybe wrong for some parts so yea.
In parliament session today, Transport Minister Mr Khaw Boon Wan replied to MP Ms Foo Mee Har about JRL project.

He stated that the project involve removal of current roof for current Jurong East station.

"In particular, works at Jurong East Station will involve removal of the existing steel roof structure and the construction of a new roof above live tracks and operating platforms," he noted."

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/10...1538387672

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discussion on CJ151 - Trains for Jurong Region Line Flip 2 6,508 25 December 2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: A380Lover
  National Archive of Singapore old MRT news report video A380Lover 8 3,216 24 September 2018, 01:05 AM
  Singapore-Kuala Lumpur HSR Discussions nakanoben 47 26,674 03 September 2018, 02:40 PM
  Discussion on CR151 - Replacement Trains for North-South / East-West Lines nakanoben 68 22,727 02 August 2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: busanalyser
Tongue Your Lucky & Unlucky Trains! nakanoben 172 102,536 31 July 2018, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TrainAddict
  The One Thing I Want To Change in Singapore's MRT System... nakanoben 15 9,815 01 July 2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: pianpore888
  Discussion on Alstom C851E - Trains for Circle Line Stage 6/North East Line Extension nakanoben 16 13,950 30 April 2018, 05:10 PM
  Trains on Wikipedia SMB157S 14 10,365 24 March 2018, 08:51 AM
Last Post: TrainAddict
  Can anyone recommend locations where I could take photos of trains on EW and NS line? steinwaykid 3 9,584 20 October 2017, 04:04 PM
Last Post: TrainLovur
  Johor-Singapore RTS Discussion nakanoben 18 15,394 01 August 2017, 12:20 PM