Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Suggestion] Bring back moderation
When I first joined in 2013,moderation was still around.It was not until a year later or so when it stopped.But with newbies that joined recently posting sometimes irrelevant posts,I feel that moderation should return especially for newbies,as they are still unfamiliar with our forum rules and regulations.Although I do think that my suggestion will not be taken,these newbies however should know about our rules and regulations.
-SMB3068X

SMB3068X in the new livery
(07 June 2016, 09:42 PM)SMB3068X Wrote:   Show/Hide

This is my honest opinion, I'm not a part of the forum team, but I know some of them.

Some, if not most of the forum team are serving the nation/in NS, meaning they are spending most of their time in camps, and would not have the time to moderate the forum.

They still have a life outside of SGTrains.

For sure moderation is needed, they are constantly moderating even though you think they are not.

But no way they will be online 24/7 to moderate.
Mark4211
Hi there! I am a railway technology enthusiast, currently studying at a polytechnic in Singapore.

North South Line for openBVE [NB: MSP - BSH]
Hi, 

Rest assured, some new members are already put under moderation.

Though majority of the forum team are now serving their national service, 

we do still try to make time to moderate the forum

Thanks a lot for your suggestion

Ben
Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
I have a suggestion. Use some kind of chat/post filter to censor NSFW content that replaces the offending word(s) with ###### (hashes) or just remove everything in the post and put: [Content Deleted]. 

Also,how does one become a moderator or admin?
> I have a suggestion. Use some kind of chat/post filter to censor NSFW content that replaces the offending word(s) with ###### (hashes) or just remove everything in the post and put: [Content Deleted]. 

That will never be effective, and such form of language is very rare here. We expect everyone to behave in a mature way unless they prove otherwise. Here's a video about why filters are not effective*.

> Also,how does one become a moderator or admin?

You don't. Smile Most of the forum staff know each other in real life, off the internet. It's very unlikely that anyone else will be made a moderator or admin, because the risks far outweigh the benefits. Besides, the current forum team is more than sufficient for a forum of this size.

*Strong language in the video, of course.
Joey Foo
The web design/development guy.
"Have you tried the '404' page on SGTrains.com?"
joeyfoo.com @joeyfjj 

Useful links: Download openBVE / C751A
[-] The following 1 user Likes joeyfjj's post:
  • nakanoben
(09 June 2016, 09:20 PM)joeyfjj Wrote:   Show/Hide

Dear joeyfjj or and moderator,
May I suggest that moderation for newbies should have 1 month under moderation if they behave well.I will try my best to obey the rules.
Yours Faithfully,
SMB1614H
(10 June 2016, 01:56 PM)SMB1614H Wrote:   Show/Hide

As much as we would like to review all posts before they go up on the forum, we are not online 24/7 to approve any posts that comes in. Like the other forum team members has said, most of us are currently in NS, it leaves us with even lesser time to approve new posts.

Our current procedure is that if any member posts any irrelevant post or something against the rules, we'll enable moderation for their account. (on a case by case basis)
- Flip
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flip's post:
  • Singtel Sticker
(09 June 2016, 09:20 PM)joeyfjj Wrote:   Show/Hide

Hello, just to point out that other than those who are in ns, some of the people in the forum team have not visited for more than 3 or 4 years.
Smile C651 THE LEGEND  Smile

#savec151

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moderation Singtel Sticker 14 9,153 07 August 2013, 09:37 PM
Last Post: SBS6057Z