Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SGTrains Website Update
(02 April 2016, 09:09 PM)keyang_tay Wrote:   Show/Hide

Hi keyang_tay

Many thanks for your feedback. The Alstom Metropolis C751C page was not set to be ready for release in the first place. Due to repeated request for the page to be up, we had no choice but to publish an unfinished page. As such, due to overwhelming complains on it being unfinished, do you think we should close the page down until it is ready? I hope that those that use the SGTrains website will be patient and understanding in this matter as the SGTrains team is committed to other social and life activities as well, like defending the nation.

If you wish to, you may help us by contributing photos of the train in question. Photos have to be of high quality of at least 10 megapixels and unedited. We also require all photos to not have other passengers on board, including reflections on the window. 

Send in your submissions to support@sgtrains.com with the following header: C751C Photos

We reserve the rights to credit you in the photos. 

Thank you for helping the SGTrains community!
(02 April 2016, 09:09 PM)keyang_tay Wrote:   Show/Hide

Simply put: we do not have enough resources to add those content.

The current website team is two person (me mainly on the technical aspects, helping with content only ocassionally, so content-wise, it's just one person). Taking the photos you see on the site is very time consuming, and we set ourselves some very strict criteria for those photos. For instance, there should not be any passengers in the photos, including reflections.

To give an example: I helped to gather some of the interior photos for the C801A (APM 100). Those photos were taken during a train service extension after 2 am on 1 Jan 2016, just for an LRT train. I didn't just find an empty train at Choa Chu Kang: I took it around the loop waiting for the one or two passengers to alight.

Finding a completely empty MRT train is way harder.

This is why we welcome your contributions: if you (or anyone else) find yourself in a situation where you will be able to provide us the photos we need, we welcome them.

If anyone is interested in the process of creating and updating the new SGTrains website, I might write a blog post about it soon.
Joey Foo
The web design/development guy.
"Have you tried the '404' page on SGTrains.com?"
joeyfoo.com @joeyfjj 

Useful links: openBVE: Download openBVE / C751A / NEL (WIP)
[-] The following 4 users Like joeyfjj's post:
  • A380Lover, Mark4211, nakanoben, TIB1219M
I've been getting multiple "resource limit reached (508)" errors tonight. Is there anything wrong with the server?
(14 April 2016, 10:53 PM)Khi1307 Wrote:   Show/Hide

Hi, we are currently facing some technical issues which may cause occasional interruption when sufing our website. We do apologise for the inconvenience. Do check our FB page for the latest update!
http://www.sgtrains.com/about-sgtrains.html

Under the A brief history of SGTrains section of the About SGTrains, the word website is missing from the sentence "SGTrains launches its redesign on 2 April 2015, with new and refreshed reference pages". The corrected sentence should be "SGTrains launches its redesign website on 2 April 2015, with new and refreshed reference pages".

About SGTrains
(29 June 2016, 12:52 PM)keyang_tay Wrote:   Show/Hide

"...launches its redesign website..." itself is incorrect grammar already.

So, I doubt it.
Mark Loh
Hi there! I am a railway technology enthusiast, currently studying at a polytechnic in Singapore.
The word redesign should have an ed behind. So it is redesigned and not redesign.
(29 June 2016, 04:33 PM)keyang_tay Wrote:   Show/Hide

I don't think so...coming from what I've noted in the past.

SGTrains literally went through a design overhaul, with their social media pages, website and forum having a redesign as a whole.

So therefore, "SGTrains launches its redesign on 2 April 2015, with new and refreshed reference pages" is correct.

"SGTrains launches its redesign on 2 April 2015"
This means SGTrains went through a redesign. As it was not specific, it implies that it's SGTrains as a whole, got redesigned.

"with new and refreshed reference pages"
This refers to the website part of the redesign.

If the comma (,) was not present before the 'with' of the above sentence,
"SGTrains launches its redesign on 2 April 2015, with new and refreshed reference pages", your argument could be plausible by amending it with "redesigned website".
Mark Loh
Hi there! I am a railway technology enthusiast, currently studying at a polytechnic in Singapore.
I wrote that sentence. Writing "SGTrains launches its redesigned webpage, logo, and social media presence" was too long.

IMO the current sentence and accompanying image gets the message across. :V
Joey Foo
The web design/development guy.
"Have you tried the '404' page on SGTrains.com?"
joeyfoo.com @joeyfjj 

Useful links: openBVE: Download openBVE / C751A / NEL (WIP)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New & Refreshed SGTrains Website nakanoben 15 5,474 01 October 2015, 10:20 PM
Last Post: joeyfjj
  Introducing the SGTrains Slack chat! joeyfjj 0 1,931 13 September 2015, 12:34 PM
  New Facebook Sharing Group: Latest Buzzz!! - SGTrains WarGreymon X 5 5,068 07 November 2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: habiTAT
  SGTrains User Research Survey nakanoben 5 5,078 26 October 2014, 04:45 PM
  2013 Review and 2014 Outlook For SGTrains (Thank You For Staying with Us) nakanoben 0 3,759 31 December 2013, 05:37 PM
Last Post: nakanoben
  [Complete] SGTrains Server Migration on 13 to 14 December 2013 WarGreymon X 0 3,343 11 December 2013, 12:24 AM
Last Post: WarGreymon X
  [Complete] SGTrains Maintenance Break and User Cleanup on 26 November 2013 WarGreymon X 0 4,282 24 November 2013, 12:43 AM
  [Complete] SGTrains Forums Maintenance on 29 September 2013 WarGreymon X 0 4,136 27 September 2013, 11:11 AM
  Keeping You On Track - SGTrains Updates! nakanoben 2 4,781 10 September 2013, 09:01 PM
  [Complete] SGTrains Server Upgrade on 2 July 2013 nakanoben 0 2,752 30 June 2013, 10:44 PM
Last Post: nakanoben