Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Archive video project: Down the Memory Track
Archive video project: Down the Memory Track

I am currently doing an archive video project on public transport in conjunction with 50 years of independence. I have done the relevant research and I plan to reproduce the relevant videos to upload to YouTube. The purpose for this project is to educate people on the evolution of our transportation system, and to showcase what our government had in store for us in the past.

Whilst the busyness of 21st Century life takes us away from understanding the importance of appreciating the advancements our country has made, it has made us focus on what we lack and what the authorities have done poorly at. It is now, sadly, a common tendency for many to have such a mind-set amidst the stress we face today whether at work or in school.

Singapore is celebrating her 50th year of independence next year and this is the perfect time to look back and marvel at our past achievements. Moreover, the recent drop in our public transport service standard has brought about great concern from many too. This project can even act as a platform to help remind Singaporeans about the significant progress we have still made in our transport network over the past century from the old rickshaws to the mosquito buses and now to mass rapid transport. We may have ageing rail lines bringing about rampant downtimes but they are nowhere close to the derailments, extreme weather events or strikes faced in other countries rail systems. No doubt that we are still very blessed that we own a public transport system that can bring us around safely.

Our country’s rail network has grown from a measly 6km to a whopping 148.9km within about 640km2 of land mass. With the reproduction of these audio-visual media, I hope to share with Singaporeans on the extent of advancement we have made as compared to the past and that we can once again evoke those pleasant memories of our first ride on the MRT train.

I paid a visit to the National Archives of Singapore two years ago and viewed these videos which are not found online. In order for me to start paving our memory track, I have since requested Mediacorp for permission to reproduce these train related videos and possibly upload them to YouTube. Copyright issues will definitely come into the picture but that can easily be negotiated.

I would like to bring this forum, SGTrains, into the picture as I know I can’t do this project alone. As a forum focusing on our rail system, this is a suitable opportunity for us to make a positive impact in our local community by helping to compile the nation’s memories together and make next year’s SG50 an even bigger hit for everyone.

I hope to commence my project as soon as possible and launch it by 1 January 2015. Such a tight timeframe is inevitable as it will give me 8 full months to gradually upload the videos one by one just in time for National Day 2015. I strongly believe that this project will play a significant role in evoking many of our Singaporean’s memories especially in our Golden Jubilee. I hope you can join me to make this project a success. It will be a track of a lifetime!
[Edited with help of Ethan777]
In this project, do the members require to go and contribute photo/video to this project that are related to trains?
(07 September 2014, 09:31 PM)masterchief Wrote:   Show/Hide

Mine is on the sharing the current affairs/news programs on rails in the past. So if you have the news video on trains(ex. news report on opening of NEL)which you recorded in the past, you can send it to me so that i will upload it.
Under Review. Give us some time. Cheers
Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
[-] The following 1 user Likes nakanoben's post:
  • A380Lover
(11 September 2014, 11:21 PM)SBS6019J Wrote:   Show/Hide

Talking about this. I had sent you my proposal of this project via PM. Feel free to read through it.Smile
Hai, as this is a decision made by the SGTrains team and not by me alone, i do hope that you post it here, instead of PMing me. I don't make the decision alone. SGTrains is a team, hence i hope that you will respect the other members and post the things here instead of just pming me. Thanks.

EDIT: All suggestions to SGTrains should be made here and not made through any PM. Suggestions are to be reviewed by the forum team and if any other members have any opinions, they can voice out.
Benjamin Goh 
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
[-] The following 1 user Likes nakanoben's post:
  • habiTAT
(14 September 2014, 10:23 PM)SBS6019J Wrote:   Show/Hide

Here is the attachment of proposal for the video archive project which i mention earlier. Sad that this project might be delay/shelve due to the cost of the licence fees by Mediacorp($4000 per video), but i will negotiate with them the cost. I just share this proposal with u how this project goes.

Attached Files
.docx   Singapore Public Transport Archive Video Project.docx (Size: 16.26 KB / Downloads: 25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes A380Lover's post:
  • Ethan777
(15 September 2014, 10:34 PM)A380Lover Wrote:   Show/Hide

Others to include:

1996 Woodlands Extension
2001 Changi Airport Extension
2001 Dover Station
2003 North East Line
LRTs
2006 Exercise Northstar V
2009 Exercise Northstar VII
Post 17 April 2010, this exists on YouTube channel
While the team is currently busy on STAR, we would currently put this on hold. Sorry and we wish for your understanding and patience
Benjamin Goh 
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 

[-] The following 3 users Like nakanoben's post:
  • A380Lover, Ethan777, SBS6057Z
Thanks you for your waiting, i am regret that we are uncontiune this project due to some circumstance(eg. cost). So we decided that we halted this project. We apologized for inconveience causes.

Althought this project is halt, I am thinking of another way to gathering this memories project.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Suggestion] Selection of "Video Type" postings in forums C151 - 061/062 2 4,107 02 March 2016, 11:26 AM
Last Post: nakanoben
  [Suggestion] Video of the month contest. SBS6060M 10 6,321 20 August 2011, 09:30 PM
Last Post: nakanoben