Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using torrents to share BVE game
(06 June 2013, 10:10 PM)Samuel Lee Wrote:   Show/Hide

That said, the whole benefit of having an installer is so that there won't be any wastage of space caused by rehosting the files! The installer can just have a list of locations to download from, and then it just downloads straight from the developers themselves. No need for you to waste your dropbox space for that, all you have to do on your end is host the installer.
But if you really want to keep it as a 7zip, SkyDrive has 7GB/Google has 15GB.
This account is no longer in use - I'd like to be known by another name, but.. I don't have the 10k points to pay for username change Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like luacs1998's post:
  • boylush, Samuel Lee
(08 June 2013, 05:54 PM)luacs1998 Wrote:   Show/Hide
Thanks the recommendation. I think I will use Google to host everything since 15GB is enough for a foreseeable time.
Google requires a click to download so i doubt installers will work.
Teo Ren Jie
Lead Developer at RRTS Studios
Also develops OMSI 2 maps!
Yes. It is good to use torrent to share Bve Dummies. It may take a long time to download and it is worth it. Because I use 4shared to download the dummies pack. It took a long time and not proper files and missing item. What about you try it first and email us the address and see how the respone.
Thank YouSmile
(27 July 2013, 06:12 PM)Terran Tan Wrote:   Show/Hide

Right now I am not fiber connect yet. So no torrent service until further notice.
Try Mega/Google Drive , though installers might not work but u can always edit the openbve.exe file for the latest version to point to a notepad file or something to say that a new version is out when there is one and link to the latest download or page to download the new installer to install
Teo Ren Jie
Lead Developer at RRTS Studios
Also develops OMSI 2 maps!
(06 June 2013, 10:10 PM)Samuel Lee Wrote:   Show/Hide

I personally don't like torrents... Anyway, I can put 50GB of my dropbox space away for you if you need, since I have 150GB++.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seangwong's post:
  • Samuel Lee
Maybe you should optimise the trains and routes to a smaller file size, instead of trying to upload and share the bloated package.

For reference, the version of C751A used for internal testing weighs 12.5MB compressed as a .7z file, so there is no reason for this to be 500MB.
Joey Foo
The web design/development guy.
"Have you tried the '404' page on SGTrains.com?"
joeyfoo.com @joeyfjj 

Useful links: Download openBVE / C751A
[-] The following 1 user Likes joeyfjj's post:
  • Samuel Lee
I will try it using EWL routes and trains on torrents
(05 August 2013, 01:54 AM)joeyfjj Wrote:   Show/Hide

Thanks for the suggestion. But the problem lies in too many images / audio files that I have no control of. The problem is the dummy package consist of all train variants and route variants available in BVESG.

My C651 V3 is about 16MB and hence not going to hit 500MB anytime soon in terms of solely train files. However, the EWL can be way larger than that and it is worrisome to me because I do receive feedback that people wishes to retain old version. I don't think til now I have removed the old C651 version, except the link I had removed. Big Grin