Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illegal To Ask for Dropbox-kind Service Referrals?
I was just wondering, is it against the SGTrains rules to like ask people to join Dropbox or any other service similar to that, like Copy or Ubuntu One? I know it's against the rules to advertise, but is this counted as advertising? An example of what i'm talking about :

Quote:Join ABC123 and get 100MB more space for free!
[Image: ik2f1vr.png]
[Image: fIiJ0hY.png]
(18 May 2013, 12:08 PM)C830/C751B/C951 Fan Wrote:   Show/Hide

It depends on the context, and whether you make it clear that is is a referral link. If you're not sure, feel free to post, then report your own post, we'll review it. Smile
Joey Foo
The web design/development guy.
"Have you tried the '404' page on SGTrains.com?"
joeyfoo.com @joeyfjj 

Useful links: Download openBVE / C751A
[-] The following 4 users Like joeyfjj's post:
  • , C830/C751B/C951 Fan, Samuel Lee, SBS6057Z
(18 May 2013, 11:30 PM)joeyfjj Wrote:   Show/Hide

Where got ppl score own goal one? Report own post if not appropriate, kena warned / demerit points for nothing? LOLZ!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Samuel Lee's post:
  •
(19 May 2013, 12:12 AM)Samuel Lee Wrote:   Show/Hide

When you report a post, all that happens is it appears inside the moderator CP, which tells us to take a look at the post. Reporting a post per se will not give you warning points, especially since I told you to report it!
Joey Foo
The web design/development guy.
"Have you tried the '404' page on SGTrains.com?"
joeyfoo.com @joeyfjj 

Useful links: Download openBVE / C751A
[-] The following 3 users Like joeyfjj's post:
  • , C830/C751B/C951 Fan, nakanoben
(20 May 2013, 12:57 AM)joeyfjj Wrote:   Show/Hide

So if I do report myself, and then the moderators/admins find out there's content that break the rules, will I get myself warning points, since there may be some admins/moderators which do not know of this, then they might just give warning points.
As long as you state clearly in the report that you are asking as you're unsure, you will be safe.
[-] The following 2 users Like WarGreymon X's post:
  • C830/C751B/C951 Fan, nakanoben
Can I click on the report button on any post I made or must I click on a specific report button like on my userpage or something like that?
Report the post that you are unsure of.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Suggestion] Improvements for the Bus & Service Reps List TIB1138M 7 3,812 22 September 2012, 10:53 PM
Last Post: King Citaro
  [Suggestion] Train service updates on the main site SBS7322B 3 2,499 29 June 2012, 08:44 AM
Last Post: nakanoben