Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Provide Better Understanding Of Our Hobby to the Public
Dear SGTrains Trainspotters,

I would like to appeal for your assistance in giving suggestions on how we can let the public know more and understand more about our hobby. This is so as to avoid the recent "Train Otaku" trend thats been surfacing on the internet along with some "foreveralone" troll faces and nasty comments. We would also on the other hand like to let more people know about us, so that those with similar interest can join us here as well!

Any appropriate suggestions, do leave them here Smile

Best Regards,

151Xclusive (SBS6019J)
SGTrains CMC

Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
[-] The following 4 users Like nakanoben's post:
  • Mark4211, MichaelJacksonwithJ5, pianpore888, SgTrainLovur
Point out the different contributions SGTrains had made to improve the public transport dystem.
Alternative Transportation Department
Moderator of Singapore Urban Trains & Buses Forums

SBS6060M

Reps - 325/326, 513/514, 059/060, TIB868X, SMB84T, SBS6060M, SBS8062U
[-] The following 4 users Like SBS6060M's post:
  • C651 Lover, ExPreSS518LoVuR™, MichaelJacksonwithJ5, SBS6057Z
Just tell them that we are doing our job by looking out for Faults and incidents to report them in the buzz , so that they will understand that we are trying to improve the transport system like what GeeAss said. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes ExPreSS518LoVuR™'s post:
  • SBS6066Y
(17 June 2012, 12:23 AM)SBS6019J Wrote:   Show/Hide

Agree... I don't understand why they put dislike the video "Train Otaku" by CNA. Undecided
"Next stop, Dhoby Ghaut Interchange." - Mrs Melson
Without trains as the heart of Singapore's transportation, how are commuters able to travel in Singapore without it if trains/lines are continuously breaking down. But since SGTrains came and with the Buzzzzz in Facebook, the members have found many faults and reported it to the group with the admin sending emails to SMRT to rectify the fault.

(If cannot understand what I'm saying is)

If there aren't any trains as the whole line brokedown, how are commuters be able to travel.
When SGTrains introduced a Buzzz that encourages members to post faults/problems to the group, the quality of the network seems to be improving much more. (IMO)
Mark4211
Hi there! I am a railway technology enthusiast, currently studying at a polytechnic in Singapore.

North South Line for openBVE [NB: MSP - BSH]
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark4211's post:
  • ExPreSS518LoVuR™, MichaelJacksonwithJ5, TIB1138M
Many don't realise that we are the ones who report when the ventilation system in the train is faulty (or when aircon seems to be annoyingly spoilt), when a sticker (eg. CCLe) is removed from the system maps pasted in the trains and when there seems to be any problems with the wheels of the trains that make their journey a headache for them.

I think that these are important contributions that we make that we must let the public realise through videos that seem more interesting (like the Bishan Q culture video) so that the public doesn't feel weird or have any feelings that we are merely "otakus". The videos can share what we have done or interesting trivia about us and the train system here.

PS. The Bishan Q video is quite a hit, a few of my friends have already started sharing the video.
Bus services rep:
198 and 242

MRT station rep:
Boon Lay
文礼
பூன் லே

Care bear rep: Bedtime Bear
[Image: 15558060.jpg]

THE CIRCLE LINE MAKES ME GO ROUND AND ROUND.
AND SOON I'LL BE DIZZY and sleepy. ZZZ... Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sweetbrownies96's post:
  • TIB1138M
If they like convenience, then we HELP. If they like faster and more efficient transportation, we HELP. If they continue to CARE about our valuable hobby, then that is GOOD. They think that we are such kids liking every part of transportation, if there is a world with no trainspotter, bus spotter etc, then they will be NOTHING. So please, transportation will be smoother, if you just have a simple heart with trainspotters, period.
[Image: bar.gif]
MichaelJacksonwithJ5

station rep: one-north|bus rep: SBS8237H|train rep: 203/204

[Image: bar.gif]
Is it fine to post my thoughts on this matter though they're not exactly suggestions?

My opinion is that if you want to nip this issue in the bud you first have to establish what give rise to such sentiments ... ... otherwise if we just prance about telling them ye same ole line that 'Trainspotting is fun!' wouldn't really do much.

Seeing the reactions from the news anchors after seeing the recent CNA report though they don't really totally rebuke the hobby as they actually recognise our contributions like those in the Buzz where things like faults are reported or suggestions given to the authorities. The scepticism they had was that they felt that things like spotting serial numbers on Singapore's MRT weren't exactly what they thought of as trainspotting. Their idea of trains were more like the KTM.
[-] The following 3 users Like nganmatthias's post:
  • nakanoben, SBS8300H, TIB1138M
Alright thank you for your feedback guys Smile

We will see how we can improve the website to cater to such things
Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
Hi! Just put your cover photos for whatever social media, as like a train one. Even more, put your name as a train/bus one!