Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
EIS of Kawasaki Heavy Industries-CSR Sifang C151B
still KHI..Smile
Kamsia for #sarpok93 & #sarpok153 Tongue
(12 June 2012, 06:10 PM)joeyfjj Wrote:   Show/Hide

Psps. I just post to clear some doubts. Sorry.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do your best today."
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Heart C651 211/212, TIB1173K.

Facebook 
Youtube: TIB1173K Video Productions.
Still good old Kawasaki. Big Grin
[Image: DZThf.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasperLee93's post:
  • SgTrainLovur
For the experience of Kawasaki Heavy Industries Rolling Stock Company (川崎重工業車両カンパニー) in our local scene, it would be economical for both parties to engage, however this being a tender, options are open to others as well, and perhaps this is one of the latent issues with tendering.

What a person needs he can choose himself, like your clothes, bags, camera, even the bus or train to take. For a company, it often has to come to such a stage; something the environment needs, something that is at the best benefit for corporation, down to the last points; cheap, fast and good, of course, often only two out of three gets the point.

For the previous KSF stocks we experience something cheap and fast. 368 million SGD for 22 trainsets, an average 16 million SGD for every 6-car train, translating to about 2 million SGD for every car. An undisclosed rolling stock type supplied to New York Subway in 'recent years' by KHI Rolling Stock Company cost some 3.04 million per car, and New York Subway cars are shorter than ours (18.5 versus 23.8 meters)! Rolling stocks are sure not cheap, especially where they are made, what systems are built into it etc.

Regarding Fuji Electric, even before the introduction of KNS stocks into SMRT's fleet, i have heard little of them. They have previously participated in several rolling stock projects, none of which was more lucrative than supplying high power devices to the Shinkansen, powering the Series 300, 700 then the latest N700. Commuter trains wise, their first VVVF Inverter involvement was with the Japan National Railways Series 207 (not to be confused with the later JR West Series 207), on this prototype train only one car is powered with a Fuji Electric VVVF Inverter. Later with JR East, the Series 209 prototype A formation (later -900) also have a full set of Fuji Electric inverters, but they were changed out to Mitsubishi VVVF Inverters (GTO as controller). Both trains have since been withdrawn and scrapped.

The present stock powered by Fuji's very own VVVF Inverter is the Sanyo Electric Railway (山陽電鉄) Series 5030, which running sound is very akin to our KNS stocks. Some of the Series 5030 built cars are inserted into existing Series 5000 formations, making them 6-car trains. The following video is shot from inside a Series 5030 car with Fuji Electric CDA964 VVVF Inverter and MLR105 AC traction motors. Each Series 5000 train has two VVVF Inverter/AC Motor powered cars, and two Fuji Electric Field Added Excitation Control/Mitsubishi Electric DC traction motors. An interesting combination, isn't it? Imagine having a 3-car KHI and 3-car KNS coupled together, thing is the Japanese is the only few industry in the World capable of making AC/DC mixed traction stocks, performance not affected.

They in fact sound different on the first look, but by 'dragging' the sound made by the motors and inverters on the KNS stock will get you this, no surprise, as the 5030 has a maximum speed of 110 km/h and is an intercity 'brother' to the KNS stock. Being a higher performance stock, the 5030 has a 3-level IGBT structure in its VVVF Inverter, different from 2-level of the KNS stock.

It is plain to see that Fuji Electric is the chosen traction system (LTA/SMRT terms it as propulsion system) supplier for LTA/SMRT stocks. A company in the case of Japan often sticks with one supplier, not only getting spare parts is easier, but also R&D costs can be reduced for the next product, with overall reduction in cost. The inverter for KNS stock post-dates the ones used on the Series 5030, hence its considered an 'off-the-shelf' product, with little changes.

I hope this sheds light on certain decisions that may have affected LTA/SMRT is deciding the next stock. I am just an enthusiast, hence what i write may not be right totally, however i try to base my information from as much sources as possible and make the most neutral conclusion.
[-] The following 10 users Like TIB1224Y's post:
  • A380Lover, JasperLee93, MichaelJacksonwithJ5, nakanoben, SBS6060M, SBS8569A, Singtel Sticker, SMB142J, TIB1173K, TIB987K
Have something different: Bombardier
MRT Train reps: 567/568, 669/670 7083/7084, 7085/7086 857, 863

Alstom is Love Alstom is Life  Big Grin
They would probably stick to Kawasaki...
Alternative Transportation Department
Moderator of Singapore Urban Trains & Buses Forums

SBS6060M

Reps - 325/326, 513/514, 059/060, TIB868X, SMB84T, SBS6060M, SBS8062U
[-] The following 3 users Like SBS6060M's post:
  • MichaelJacksonwithJ5, nakanoben, Singtel Sticker
Having problems with Siemens spare parts, dun think they will buy siemens agains...
Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
I heard that Kawasaki C151 MX is on exhibition at Bedok Public Library. It's some new train I believe, due to all the new designs of the carriages. It could very well be Kawasaki's submission for the C151B contract.

Looks nice, probably now I prefer Kawasaki to Bombardier.. Big Grin
[Image: finalsignature2.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SBS8300H's post:
  • gs97
Y no hyundai?!Smile
Ok nvm, I would choose KHI then!Smile
Yours sincerely,
gs97
(23 June 2012, 09:36 PM)gs97 Wrote:   Show/Hide

Hyundai didn't bid this round .__.
Benjamin Goh 
Forum Administrator (ORD LOH!)
SGTrains.com
Youtube | Foursquare 
Anime | Aviation | Bus | Train | Photography

今日も JR西日本をご利用くださいましてありがとうございます。この電車は環状線内回り、大阪、西九条、弁天町方面行きです。次は、桜ノ宮に泊まります。お客様にお願い致します、有線座席ではお年寄りや体の不自由なお客様、妊娠中や乳幼児をお連れのお客様がいらっしゃいましたら席をお譲り下さい。ご協力をお願いします。
[-] The following 1 user Likes nakanoben's post:
  • gs97

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delivery of Kawasaki-CRRC Sifang C151C nakanoben 168 77,693 21 January 2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: saffie730
  Kawasaki Heavy Industries-CSR Sifang C151A Repairs (KSF) joelong243w 1,311 1,203,149 22 December 2018, 09:18 PM
Last Post: AXOLOTL49
  Delivery of Kawasaki-CRRC Sifang CT251 nakanoben 94 69,594 10 November 2018, 03:11 PM
Last Post: A380Lover
  End-of-Life Upgrade for Kawasaki Heavy Industries C151 nakanoben 243 83,476 05 February 2018, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Flip
  Delivery of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Crystal Mover (C810A) nakanoben 35 15,689 02 August 2016, 05:10 PM
Last Post: smrtrainlovur