Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freight in BVE?
(17 February 2012, 10:26 PM)boredstudent49 Wrote:   Show/Hide

(17 February 2012, 10:42 PM)SBS2991C Wrote:   Show/Hide

To sidetrack a little, freight and passenger railroads combined are very frequent in Britain and Australia. The BR Class locomotives are also built for freight use and for Australia, freight trains do pass by(there are factories with small yards beyond the last station). They even share the same tracks as the normal rapid-transit trains...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ethan777's post:
  • gs97
(21 February 2012, 03:10 PM)Ethan777 Wrote:   Show/Hide

As I mentioned before, KTM also has freight+passenger services combined in a single train... but such cases are very rare. In places near the capital (i.e. Kuala Lumpur) commuter trains share tracks with the intercity and freight services.

Getting back to topic, there are freight routes in BVE, just that there aren't any shunting or whatsoever, just deliver from point A to point B.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WarGreymon X's post:
  • Ethan777
I don't see how there can not be freight routes for BVE. It's just the same as regular passenger routes... Who said BVE was a PASSENGER train simulation? Tongue
[Image: sognature_edited-1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rudolph's post:
  • Singapore commuter
I know that there was one freight route (but fictional) i've played before which is set in an American desert environment. Although since it was created 7-8 years ago it is already very dated n can only run in BVE2, and also, no shunting or watever as said before.
My longest post in SGTrains was achieved 18 February 2011 at 03:00 PM.

Best in Simei, Jurong and some say Bukit Batok and now Mount Faber!Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like tiukengleng1994's post:
  • gs97, SBS6066Y
There are actually numerous freight routes in openBVE, one good example would be the 'Heavy Cement Train' in the Edinburgh - Aberdeen route. A run from Linlithgow to Craiginches would take around 3 hours. However, what I am really hoping to see in openBVE one day would be the landbridge freight service from Singapore to Malaysia, regardless of whether the route is operational or defunct. The strain of the diesel engine to handle those heavy loads would be interesting.
Train rep :  025/026
               233/234
               547/548
Bus reps :   TIB875A
               SBS2787B
               SBS6066Y                                                                                        
               SBS9385G
               SMB325Z                                                                                        
                SMB179D
Service reps : 98
                  184