SGTrains Forums
General questions - Printable Version

+- SGTrains Forums (http://forums.sgtrains.com)
+-- Forum: openBVE Singapore (http://forums.sgtrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: BVE Problems and Questions (http://forums.sgtrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: General questions (/showthread.php?tid=69)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: General questions - boylush - 17 October 2012

Okay , I need some help here , I'm Running Windows 8 Pro RTM here with integrated graphics , my openBVE , routeviewer and stuff are working properly on monday but it isn't today , it keeps displaying openBVE stopped working. Thanks if you could help Big Grin
Troubleshooting Report :
Code:
PrintProgram Compatibility Troubleshooter Publisher details

Issues found
Incompatible ProgramIncompatible Program
RouteViewer is incompatible. Detected Detected
Fix application RouteViewer Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 Incompatible Program Detected Detected

RouteViewer is incompatible.
Fix application RouteViewer Completed

Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
InformationalCompatibility Mode
Compabitiliy modes applied:
Run as administrator
User verification: Fix didn't work

Detection details Expand

Collection information
Computer Name:  RENJIE-PC
Windows Version: 6.2
Architecture: x86
Time: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:58:24 PM

Publisher details Expand

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version: 1.5
Publisher: Microsoft Windows
Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version: 1.0
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
Apparently it said it isnt compatible when i could run it on monday , need help on this ASAP. Thanks Big Grin
PS. I don't think incompatibility is the issue , I think its some framework problem or something.

RE: General questions - Mark4211 - 17 October 2012

(17 October 2012, 05:33 PM)Boylush Wrote:   Show/Hide

Right Click file, click properties and then click the compatibility tab,
"Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
"Windows 7"
try see if it works.

RE: General questions - boylush - 18 October 2012

(17 October 2012, 08:03 PM)Mark4211 Wrote:   Show/Hide

Nope , it didn't sadly , i tried with win xp sp3 and win vista also didn't work
Addon : Solved by Reinstalling the whole windows again(The partition was also too small though) , suspect something wrong with net framework 3.5 or below

RE: General questions - C651 Lover - 18 October 2012

Just to ask, which joystick would be suitable for openBVE? http://www.logitech.com/en-sg/gaming/joysticks Thanks ><

RE: General questions - habiTAT - 01 November 2012

Hello there.

May I know whether it is considered a 'copyright infringement' if I take a screenshot of the openBVE route and train (eg. C151 on North South Line JUR - BSH) and post it on Facebook?

As I have no idea whether it is considered 'copyright infringement', I have never taken a screenshot of any openBVE route / train when I play.

RE: General questions - TIB1138M - 01 November 2012

(01 November 2012, 10:21 PM)habiTAT Wrote:   Show/Hide

Nope, I dun really think this is considered as copyright infringement.

RE: General questions - joeyfjj - 05 November 2012

(01 November 2012, 10:21 PM)habiTAT Wrote:   Show/Hide

Generally, nope.

Complicated STARIS Problems - TIB1138M - 09 November 2012

Hi guys,
Got a problem here. Actually I'm trying to try out STARIS but I encountered problems when tried to. My most major problem which I couldn't figure out is how to set the codes such that the STARIS image will change at a particular distance.
A scenario is as such: When the train just departed Bottle Tree Park, there will be a particular distance where the "Next station: Yishun Primary School" announcement is played and the destination image of the STARIS is changed as well.
Therefore, I did try to refer to the STARIS which the original developers of YSLRT (willischong and joeyfjj) have attempted and succeeded.
Opening the display.animated file of this thingy, it says
Quote:[Object]
States = display.csv, to_btp/ynb.csv, to_btp/nxt_yps.csv, to_btp/yps.csv, to_btp/nxt_yis.csv, to_btp/yis.csv, to_btp/nxt_ktp.csv, to_btp/ktp.csv, to_btp/nxt_cch.csv, to_btp/cch.csv, to_btp/nxt_ktb.csv, to_btp/ktb.csv, to_btp/nxt_btp.csv, to_btp/btp.csv, to_nsc/yis.csv, to_nsc/nxt_nsc.csv, to_nsc/nsc.csv, to_ysh/ynb.csv, to_ysh/nxt_yps.csv, to_ysh/yps.csv, to_ysh/nxt_yis.csv, to_ysh/yis.csv, to_ysh/nxt_cpc.csv, to_ysh/cpc.csv, to_ysh/715note.csv, to_ysh/715note.csv, to_ysh/715note.csv, to_ysh/nxt_yjc.csv, to_ysh/yjc.csv, to_ysh/nxt_nbs.csv, to_ysh/nbs.csv, to_ysh/nxt_ktb.csv, to_ysh/ktb.csv, to_ysh/nxt_ysh.csv, to_ysh/ysh.csv
StateFunction = pluginState[33]
As such, I would like to clarify some things:
1. How do I state for the "statefunction" thingy such that the image of the STARIS will change when the train passes through a particular distance
2. What does "pluginState[33]" exactly mean? I tried attempting it on a Siemens C651 trains with the exact YSLRT announcements files but the STARIS just stayed blank.
Thanks!

P.S: I did try referring to Tutorial for Developing for openBVE but nothing works out well.

RE: General questions - Mark4211 - 09 November 2012

[quote='Arthur Jie' pid='79643' dateline='1352449008']
Hi guys,
Got a problem here. Actually I'm trying to try out STARIS but I encountered problems when tried to. My most major problem which I couldn't figure out is how to set the codes such that the STARIS image will change at a particular distance.
A scenario is as such: When the train just departed Bottle Tree Park, there will be a particular distance where the "Next station: Yishun Primary School" announcement is played and the destination image of the STARIS is changed as well.
Therefore, I did try to refer to the STARIS which the original developers of YSLRT (willischong and joeyfjj) have attempted and succeeded.
Opening the display.animated file of this thingy, it says
[quote]
[Object]
States = display.csv, to_btp/ynb.csv, to_btp/nxt_yps.csv, to_btp/yps.csv, to_btp/nxt_yis.csv, to_btp/yis.csv, to_btp/nxt_ktp.csv, to_btp/ktp.csv, to_btp/nxt_cch.csv, to_btp/cch.csv, to_btp/nxt_ktb.csv, to_btp/ktb.csv, to_btp/nxt_btp.csv, to_btp/btp.csv, to_nsc/yis.csv, to_nsc/nxt_nsc.csv, to_nsc/nsc.csv, to_ysh/ynb.csv, to_ysh/nxt_yps.csv, to_ysh/yps.csv, to_ysh/nxt_yis.csv, to_ysh/yis.csv, to_ysh/nxt_cpc.csv, to_ysh/cpc.csv, to_ysh/715note.csv, to_ysh/715note.csv, to_ysh/715note.csv, to_ysh/nxt_yjc.csv, to_ysh/yjc.csv, to_ysh/nxt_nbs.csv, to_ysh/nbs.csv, to_ysh/nxt_ktb.csv, to_ysh/ktb.csv, to_ysh/nxt_ysh.csv, to_ysh/ysh.csv
StateFunction = pluginState[33]
As such, I would like to clarify some things:
1. How do I state for the "statefunction" thingy such that the image of the STARIS will change when the train passes through a particular distance
2. What does "pluginState[33]" exactly mean? I tried attempting it on a Siemens C651 trains with the exact YSLRT announcements files but the STARIS just stayed blank.
Thanks!

P.S: I did try referring to Tutorial for Developing for openBVE but nothing works out well.
[/quote]

The system's image only will change once the train passes above a .beacon #, command above the track.

pluginState[33] refers to the 33rd state in the plugin.
The STARiS just stayed blank on the C651 because you didn't insert the 3rd Party plugin into the train folder.

RE: General questions - TIB1138M - 09 November 2012

(09 November 2012, 04:16 PM)Arthur Jie Wrote:   Show/Hide
Hmmm, the problem still persists even when I've copied the plugin to my C651 folder. Anyway, attached is a screenshot. The highlighted ones are those which I've copied to my C651 folder. I've also copied the ext/info train folder into my cars folder.
I do think I've made a mistake but I just can't see where I had gone wrong.