SGTrains Forums

Full Version: Using torrents to share BVE game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06 June 2013, 10:10 PM)Samuel Lee Wrote: [ -> ]
(06 June 2013, 01:02 PM)Boylush Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows how to mod openBVE? We can always mod it to the previous openBVE version where we can download addons from in there or create a new exe file like a download centre lol... This method allows us to save space cos the respective developers upload to somewhere like dropbox and supply links to the server/programme for their route to be up...

I think a lot of people here don't get what I mean. What I am trying to say is dropbox does not provide enough space in long term and probably asking for either some hosting site that gives more than 2GB or move away from a particular cloud sharing service in the long run.

That said, the whole benefit of having an installer is so that there won't be any wastage of space caused by rehosting the files! The installer can just have a list of locations to download from, and then it just downloads straight from the developers themselves. No need for you to waste your dropbox space for that, all you have to do on your end is host the installer.
But if you really want to keep it as a 7zip, SkyDrive has 7GB/Google has 15GB.
(08 June 2013, 05:54 PM)luacs1998 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06 June 2013, 01:02 PM)Boylush Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows how to mod openBVE? We can always mod it to the previous openBVE version where we can download addons from in there or create a new exe file like a download centre lol... This method allows us to save space cos the respective developers upload to somewhere like dropbox and supply links to the server/programme for their route to be up...

I think a lot of people here don't get what I mean. What I am trying to say is dropbox does not provide enough space in long term and probably asking for either some hosting site that gives more than 2GB or move away from a particular cloud sharing service in the long run.

That said, the whole benefit of having an installer is so that there won't be any wastage of space caused by rehosting the files! The installer can just have a list of locations to download from, and then it just downloads straight from the developers themselves. No need for you to waste your dropbox space for that, all you have to do on your end is host the installer.
But if you really want to keep it as a 7zip, SkyDrive has 7GB/Google has 15GB.
Thanks the recommendation. I think I will use Google to host everything since 15GB is enough for a foreseeable time.
Google requires a click to download so i doubt installers will work.
Yes. It is good to use torrent to share Bve Dummies. It may take a long time to download and it is worth it. Because I use 4shared to download the dummies pack. It took a long time and not proper files and missing item. What about you try it first and email us the address and see how the respone.
Thank YouSmile
(27 July 2013, 06:12 PM)Terran Tan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. It is good to use torrent to share Bve Dummies. It may take a long time to download and it is worth it. Because I use 4shared to download the dummies pack. It took a long time and not proper files and missing item. What about you try it first and email us the address and see how the respone.
Thank YouSmile

Right now I am not fiber connect yet. So no torrent service until further notice.
Try Mega/Google Drive , though installers might not work but u can always edit the openbve.exe file for the latest version to point to a notepad file or something to say that a new version is out when there is one and link to the latest download or page to download the new installer to install

Seangwong

I personally don't like torrents... Anyway, I can put 50GB of my dropbox space away for you if you need, since I have 150GB++.
Maybe you should optimise the trains and routes to a smaller file size, instead of trying to upload and share the bloated package.

For reference, the version of C751A used for internal testing weighs 12.5MB compressed as a .7z file, so there is no reason for this to be 500MB.
I will try it using EWL routes and trains on torrents
(05 August 2013, 01:54 AM)joeyfjj Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you should optimise the trains and routes to a smaller file size, instead of trying to upload and share the bloated package.

For reference, the version of C751A used for internal testing weighs 12.5MB compressed as a .7z file, so there is no reason for this to be 500MB.

Thanks for the suggestion. But the problem lies in too many images / audio files that I have no control of. The problem is the dummy package consist of all train variants and route variants available in BVESG.

My C651 V3 is about 16MB and hence not going to hit 500MB anytime soon in terms of solely train files. However, the EWL can be way larger than that and it is worrisome to me because I do receive feedback that people wishes to retain old version. I don't think til now I have removed the old C651 version, except the link I had removed. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3