SGTrains Forums

Full Version: Illegal To Ask for Dropbox-kind Service Referrals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering, is it against the SGTrains rules to like ask people to join Dropbox or any other service similar to that, like Copy or Ubuntu One? I know it's against the rules to advertise, but is this counted as advertising? An example of what i'm talking about :

Quote:Join ABC123 and get 100MB more space for free!
(18 May 2013, 12:08 PM)C830/C751B/C951 Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering, is it against the SGTrains rules to like ask people to join Dropbox or any other service similar to that, like Copy or Ubuntu One? I know it's against the rules to advertise, but is this counted as advertising? An example of what i'm talking about :

Quote:Join ABC123 and get 100MB more space for free!

It depends on the context, and whether you make it clear that is is a referral link. If you're not sure, feel free to post, then report your own post, we'll review it. Smile
(18 May 2013, 11:30 PM)joeyfjj Wrote: [ -> ]
(18 May 2013, 12:08 PM)C830/C751B/C951 Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering, is it against the SGTrains rules to like ask people to join Dropbox or any other service similar to that, like Copy or Ubuntu One? I know it's against the rules to advertise, but is this counted as advertising? An example of what i'm talking about :

Join ABC123 and get 100MB more space for free!

It depends on the context, and whether you make it clear that is is a referral link. If you're not sure, feel free to post, then report your own post, we'll review it. Smile

Where got ppl score own goal one? Report own post if not appropriate, kena warned / demerit points for nothing? LOLZ!
(19 May 2013, 12:12 AM)Samuel Lee Wrote: [ -> ]

Where got ppl score own goal one? Report own post if not appropriate, kena warned / demerit points for nothing? LOLZ!

When you report a post, all that happens is it appears inside the moderator CP, which tells us to take a look at the post. Reporting a post per se will not give you warning points, especially since I told you to report it!
(20 May 2013, 12:57 AM)joeyfjj Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 May 2013, 12:12 AM)Samuel Lee Wrote: [ -> ]

When you report a post, all that happens is it appears inside the moderator CP, which tells us to take a look at the post. Reporting a post per se will not give you warning points, especially since I told you to report it!

So if I do report myself, and then the moderators/admins find out there's content that break the rules, will I get myself warning points, since there may be some admins/moderators which do not know of this, then they might just give warning points.
As long as you state clearly in the report that you are asking as you're unsure, you will be safe.
Can I click on the report button on any post I made or must I click on a specific report button like on my userpage or something like that?
Report the post that you are unsure of.