SGTrains Forums

Full Version: Jurong Region Line (JRL) Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[Image: 23362_427286030674972_250560240_n.png]

Another 20-km Jurong Region Line (JRL) will serve residents of Choa Chu Kang, Boon Lay and the future developments in the Tengah area. It will serve a diverse range of commuters by connecting these areas to main activity nodes in Jurong West including NTU, the Jurong Industrial estate including Jurong Island, and the future Jurong Gateway. Expected to be completed by 2025, JRL will enhance the intra-connectivity of the Jurong region and connect the region to the existing rail network for faster travel to the rest of the island. Commuters in the north will be also able to enter the Jurong region directly via the JRL, without having to interchange at the heavily-used Jurong East interchange.

Source: http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.asp...f78e6303e7

Honestly this looks like an LRT to me, rather than a MRT line, and it looks so complicated
I think for this line, 3-cars or 4-cars train will do as i assume that this is medium capacity line.
If it serves the NTU , i believe that people will most probably take the train.

Also , when the train for example reach JURW , it will reverse to go to the CCK side? Complicated much?
Tengah area redeveloped. Oh well.

Are they trying to further reduce reliance on buses (180/172 in this case)?
If CCK is the interchange, there might build the next Integrated Transport Hub which basement is Jurong Region Line platform and ground level is bus interchange.
looks more like a lrt
For a 'line', it looks like 3 separate lines to me. Wonder how they're going to handle most of the stuff, including the numbering of the stations as well as train services.
(17 January 2013, 06:03 PM)SBS6097H Wrote: [ -> ]For a 'line', it looks like 3 separate lines to me. Wonder how they're going to handle most of the stuff, including the numbering of the stations as well as train services.

Or the 3 separate lines is it's 3 likely alignment which LTA consider one of them is the better route?
(17 January 2013, 06:03 PM)SBS6097H Wrote: [ -> ]For a 'line', it looks like 3 separate lines to me. Wonder how they're going to handle most of the stuff, including the numbering of the stations as well as train services.

I totally agree. It looks more like a freaking spider web
(17 January 2013, 06:08 PM)littlearea Wrote: [ -> ]

Or the 3 separate lines is it's 3 likely alignment which LTA consider one of them is the better route?

From the description though I doubt so.

I'm guessing there might be an arterial section of the line, with branching out along the way, say, direct connection from Choa Chu Kang to Jurong West (Commuters in the north will be also able to enter the Jurong region directly via the JRL, without having to interchange at the heavily-used Jurong East interchange.), with a branch into Jurong Industrial Estate and West Coast each?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21